Friday, December 04, 2009

What does it stand for?

Here are some pneumonic devices and abbreviations I still remember and use. Let's see if you know what they stand for. Answers to follow soon. (no cheating!)

Never eat soggy waffles.

Every good boy deserves fudge.

Please excuse my dear Aunt Sally.

A rat in the house may eat the ice cream.

C turtle.

My very excellent mother just served us nine pizzas.

Roy G. Biv.

NKOTB.

TMNT.

DKPCOFGS.

867-5309

And the last one is for my brothers. For 50 (totally arbitrary) bonus points:

Smashing pumpkins into small piles of putrid debris.

What are some of your favorite pneumonic devices?

4 comments:

cos111 said...

Now that there are only 8 planets, you should change the mnemonic. Some ones I found online are:

My Vehicle's Engine May Just Start Up Now.

My Violent Evil Monster Just Scared Us Nuts.

The list of dwarf planets is growing and changing too fast to worry about memorizing them, I think.

Mom said...

In my school, we now say "My very excellent mother just served us nuts."

I can easily get all the 1st half of your list, but I'll have to do some thinking about the others.

Sarah Stiles said...

Haha, you would know that number;-)

I actually have no clue what a lot of these are. Some are more obvious.

Petersen Palace said...

wow...I feel old. I recognize most but only remember a few. Answers!?