Monday, April 02, 2007

April Fool's

Last April fools I performed two glorious pranks. The first was convincing my husband that my sister and her fiance had eloped. I called our home phone from the cell phone while laying in bed, then proceeded to have a fake conversation in the next room. I said things like, "You're kidding!" "When?" "Where did they go?" "Oh my gosh!". My clues had been enough. I didn't have to say anything when I returned to the bedroom, but just saw my husband sitting there in complete shock at the thought they had really done it. I had him going for about ten minutes until I chickened out.

Then I convinced my mom I was pregnant. Leah was only 4 months old at the time, I was working, Chris was still in school and had just had surgery. Pregnancy would have been...stressful to say the least. She believed me.

Yesterday I couldn't think of anything remotely funny, let alone brilliant. Short sheet the bed? That would have been suspicious because I've never made the bed on any normal day. Tell people I was pregnant? They would have believed me and congratulated me. Tell people I got called as the Relief Society President? Wait, that's only funny if its not true...

My brother Carl sent me this great link for free broadband from Google. It's very detailed...someone had way too much time on their hands. http://www.google.com/tisp/

Here's a link to some of the greatest pranks: http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/aprilfool/

What were your famous pranks yesterday?

No comments: