Why did we sarcastically say "Welcome to Naper-thrill" when we were teenagers? What were we thinking, wanting to get out of here all along, when now I can't wait to come back?
Here is a non-comprehensive list of what I love about my good old hometown:
10. Band concerts in the park
We were here for the 4th of July bash, with cannons!
9. Community Activities-Ribfest, The Last Fling, Haunted House, etc
8. Beatiful parks and playgrounds, plentiful biking and hiking trails, outdoor art
7. The Naperville Riverwalk
Here we are feeding the ducks.
6. Herrick Lake- hiking, biking, boating, picnicing
Yes we did get caught in the rain, but we loved it! Yeah, the humidity is....sticky....but to actually have rain was really refreshing!
5. The DuPage Children's Museum
For grown-ups as much as it is for kids. Chris and I came here on a date when we were engaged!
4. The Morton Arboretum-hike, bike, drive tour.
Open virtually every day of the year. It has something like 17,000 acres. What a beatiful place!
3. Good Eats--Chicago-style pizza and of course, hot dogs at Portillo's!!! (Enough calories in one meal that it is probably a good thing we only visit twice a year...)
2. Visiting Chicago (Watch for an entire post dedicated to the city, coming soon to a blog near you!)
***AND NUMBER ONE***
1. Visiting my family!
My parents and my brother's family, which includes 2 out of my kids' 3 cousins. They sure have a blast together! Plus, mom and dad have an Endless Pool!!! Talk about endless fun!
Naperville was recently rated the 3rd best place to live, and has repeatedly been rated highly for walkable community, raising kids, public libraries, etc. If only I could afford to live there!