It's kind of like a quiz. To see what baby names you can come up with that fit my criteria.
1. Traditional but not too popular. And not made up. And it has to be spelled normally, like you could find it on a license plate keychain.
2. Our first two have biblical names that are two syllables. That works, but is not a requirement. Obviously we are not doing the same first initial for everyone; that's not my style.
3. It has to work with our last name and our other kids names. I've had perfect strangers advise me not to name any of our children Richard. I think I'm smart enough to know that. And I'm even going to make sure their initials don't spell something weird.
4. It has to be gender specific. That rules out Taylor and Jordan (and many others).
5. And I have to like it. So even though the name Jared fits the criteria, it makes me think of the Subway guy.
Everyone has a right to name their kid whatever they want, so of course I don't intend to offend anyone. These are my personal preferences for my kids.
Can you think of baby names that fit these criteria? Hopefully you will think of some that I haven't thought of yet. And vote on the sidebar on what you think it will be, a boy or a girl. We will probably find out the baby's gender some time after Christmas.
1 year ago