Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ready to declare war

Nylons.

I don't know what it is about me, but I can't wear the same pair of nylons more than once. I brush against something ragged, I get a snag. I cross my legs under a table, I get a snag. I have toenails, I get a snag. I just don't get it why I have this curse. I remove my rings to put them on and I don't have long fingernails. I've tried the nail polish trick, but that only works when the snag is above the bottom of the skirt, which I'm never priviledge to.

I wear them because they make my pale, not perfectly shaven, bruised like a peach legs look nice, and they add a little insulation on those cold days and make me feel like my legs aren't naked. It just looks better on me and more professional than my own ugly legs, and looking somewhat tan and having smooth looking legs also makes me feel kinda sexy.

But I'm starting to decide that it might not be worth it. No matter how hard I try, I average one use per pair. At around $2 a pair, with 52 Sundays a year, that's over $100 per year...not to mention the instances where I get a snag before even getting out the door. I think I might actually have to budget to just buy a new pair every week.

Does anyone have any wisdom for me? Is there a tried and true brand that you've been able to wear twice?

Learn all about pantyhose by clicking here. It's really very interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also usually don't make it past one or two wearing per pair. But I'm not sure where you buy yours--I can't seem to find them for less than 3 and a half or 4 dollars a pair! And no matter how much they cost, they also snag in the same amount of time. I think it's just how it is.
Becky

Anonymous said...

My trick only works because I like to wear longer skirts. I only use knee-high nylons. They cost less per pair, they don't seem to snag as often, and when one leg does snag, I can still keep the other leg. The disadvantage is you can't wear skirts that are knee-length, knee-highs don't come in a variety of colors, and you can't get "support hose" or "silky" or any of those other cool varieties.

So now I'm thinking, why would knee-highs snag less often? Perhaps it is because they are less expensive, so the Ruin-Your-Budget gremlins don't cause as many rips.

Elizabeth