Sunday, March 02, 2008

Good Intentions

Progress Report, Week 2

Don't they say that the road to hell is paved in good intentions? This week was full of good intentions that didn't come to pass. I intended to work on my house every day, be more spiritual, go on a date. I have a pile of good, highly recommended books I picked up from the library that will go back this week, spines uncracked by me. Things I did do this week that weren't on my to-do list include begin construction on an Easter dress for Leah, sell stuff on eBay, keep two children happy at a 15 minute (which was really a two-hour) doctor's visit, and have the Friday-night flu (not to be confused with Saturday morning fever). Let's just say I'd rather sew than fold laundry. I kissed lots of owies better, fed the baby constantly, and got in plenty of schlub-time. Fortunately its starting to get warmer so I'll be able to absorb adequate vitamin D in the near future.

Maybe next week will be better.

2 comments:

Rebecca Reid said...

Wow, I'd much rather fold laundry (or even cook!) than sew. I guess that means I'll never be a seamstress? Of course, I'd also much rather read my book than fold laundry, so I guess we all have our vices!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your good intentions are paving you a road to a happy family, rather than paving you a road to.... Well, you know. I'm glad you recognize your accomplishments of the week. Way to go.