Friday, September 28, 2007

I know it's still September, but...

I have to stay on top of the seasons, or rather ahead of them, to keep my little business up. So I've designed Christmas cards for a card swap tomorrow with an upline group and for a stamp-a-stack I'm offering my customers on October 6, which is World Cardmaking Day (didn't you know?). The stamp-a-stack will be an opportunity for them to come and make as many of the same card as they want (there may be 2-3 designs to pick from) for only $1 each, with the paper pre-cut. This way, even though Christmas is still a ways away, I can get my customers thinking about what they are going to make and help them get ideas. Here is the card I've been working on (I made 12 for the swap tomorrow):

















Images (C) Stampin' Up! 1990-2007

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Big on Christmas
Papers: Real Red, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Dashing Designer Series Paper
Inks: Basic Black, Real Red, Old Olive, Yoyo Yellow
Accessories: Real Red grosgrain ribbon, blender pen, Stampin' Write markers.

Since I've got the stamp set now, all the supplies, and have designed the card, I'm considering adding a few more embellishments and mass-producing them not for myself, but to sell in sets of 10-12 to friends and neighbors. Per card the supplies come to about $1, but add in my time and adhesive (and of course expertise), what do you think would be a reasonable amount to charge per card?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the other people brought quality cards that made it worth your while to swap! I remember one year my mother labored for days on intricately decorated Christmas angel cookies for a swap and was very disgusted to come home with plain round drop cookies that other people had made. Your cards are a masterpiece. Love, Mom

Jenny said...

I did get some good ones and some not so good ones. I won the swap vote and my prize was a package of decorative button embellishments. Even getting a few bad ones, it still is always good for me to swap so my customers can see more examples with different stamp sets than the ones that I have.