Monday, April 02, 2007

Sewing Bug

I got the sewing bug this weekend. Fortunately, I had 10 hours of conference time to work away. I decided to make two of the same quilt, that way I could keep one and give the other as a gift. I've finished the first one. The print pattern is kind of like the pattern on my baby blankie, although mine had a green background and border.





Check out my mitered corner:



I did the border by hand, which wasn't anywhere near as tedious as I thought it would be.

What's next, matching curtains?


Total time for this project: 10 hours (but I did start the second one too)
Total number of lifeline calls (to mom): 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
Beautiful quilt! Your corners look great, and I'm glad you discovered that sewing the edge by hand was not that onerous. I put a crocheted shell lace borders on two receiving blankets during conference this year.
Mom