Wednesday, November 14, 2007

This Year's Worst Toys

Ever since I had a child, I've had this non-profit group on my radar--Every year, they single out the worst toys that are on the market, meaning toys that pose a potential threat of bodily harm or even fatality. Remember lawn darts? Yeah, same idea. What's sad is that 9 out of 10 toys on this year's top ten list haven't even been recalled! How do these things get on the market anyway? Somewhere, someone had to have a serious lapse of judgement...

I admit, I didn't go through the toy bin and get rid of everything made in China, I'm not boycotting mass-produced plastic toys, nor am I switching to all wooden--a child seriously has to ingest an awful lot of paint to get sick. Don't get me wrong, I don't approve of lead paint on children's toys and I think the practice should be stopped, but I'm not in a rampage. But AquaDots? That I have a serious problem with...

Check out this years list for yourself.

4 comments:

Mark A said...

If these are the worst thing our kids play with I think we'll be ok. I say let them eat a few magno rock.

Rebecca Reid said...

I kind of agree with mark a. Kids will be kids and I'm sure they can make up even more dangerous toys for themselves. Remember how we jumped off the top of the basement stairs onto an old mattress over and over and over again? I don't think that would pass their safety test. And we turned out okay. (However, I don't think we should encourage eating the magno rocks...)

Dani said...

Is it just me or are the last 8 weeks the LONGEST!!!!!!!!!!!!????????

Stacie said...

Who would think it is ok to ever sell a spinning dagger to children!?