Monday, February 18, 2008

Makeover Managed

Here's the before picture. I tried to look as frumpy as possible.

I ventured out today with Michal as my shopping consultant. She helped me think outside the box, and steered me away from the mis-fitted, no-variety clothes I've been buying for years simply because they are on sale. She was awesome company. She helped me get over my fear of ruffles, fitted blouses, and "toe cleavage" on high heels (that's another story for another day). I have to dress like a grown up, but I don't feel like a grown up. Does having two kids automatically take away my option to still dress like a kid? We were able to find a variety of clothes with mix 'n match-ability in all the right sizes. What's even better is that everything rang up on sale since stores are making room for Spring fashions. This is the best time of year to shop sales! Plus, I got %10 off everything at Old Navy by opening a charge account.

We shopped Old Navy, TJ Maxx, and Kohls. Top off my fashion makeover with a haircut and eyebrow wax from Regis Salon and cosmetics from Mary Kay. If only I could say that these were my sponsors who provided the goods and services, but unfortunately, they weren't. Nobody gave me a $5000 shoppping card, either, but I'm willing to accept reimbursements in exchange for my shameless plugs found in this blog post. The last thing I need to do in true "What not to wear" style is take my old clothes--the ones that don't fit me--to DI so that I'm never tempted to revert back to my old "ways."

Spoils include:
Tops: 6. Tanks for layering: 3. Jackets: 2. Trousers & Jeans: 1 of each. Skirt: 1. Shoes: 1.

Without further ado, meet the new and improved me!
Blouse: $25 at Old Navy
Pencil Skirt: $16 at TJ Maxx
Sexy black pumps: $8 at Kohls (Go Clearance!)



















Ruffled Pleated Blouse, Waisted Crop Jacket, and Wide Leg Sailor Pants: $55 at Old Navy


















Faux Wrap Blouse & Dark Wash Jeans from Old Navy, with laced cami from DownEast Outfitters: $63



















Coral Tee and honeycomb layer tank from Old Navy, and Jacket from TJ Maxx: $35. I got another tee and tank just like this in blue.




















Well...How do I look?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, you look great. I hope it doesn't lessen that statement to remind you that I've always thought you look great. You look stylish, super, on top of the world, and you have that oh-so-essential smile Mom mentioned.

Plus, way to go Michal! Kudos to you and good job!

Valerie said...

Can I just say I am in awe that you look so darn good so soon after having a baby?!?! I'm tempted to it's not fair, but I'm just jealous. Way to go!

david and michal said...

yay!! i had a blast, jenny! after seeing these photos, i have a few fav outfits:.)

Rachael said...

Jenny, I LOVE that pencil skirt on you! Seriously. Only a select few lucky girls can pull off a pencil skirt, and you do it very nicely. Very cute clothes, and I second the opinion that you look great for just having a baby! Thanks for sharing, very cute stuff!

angela michelle said...

Jenny you seriously look like a million bucks. You are a great shopper! You look hip and slim and the perfect mix of cool and casual.

Anonymous said...

I know it has been a long time since this blog entry, but I've been debating in my mind all this time which picture I like best. I've finally decided (I think) that I award Best Smile to your smile in the last picture (the white shirt without the jacket) best, and Best New Me to the first picture (with the skirt). I also like the one with the pink shirt and the TJ Maxx jacket over it, but I'm not sure what award to give it. I'm also not sure why this was important enough to me to comment on it so late.