Saturday, May 17, 2008

Quotes Revealed

Here are the answers to my quotes post, with a few extra gems for your reading enjoyment.

1. I want to buy eight hot dogs and eight hot dog buns to go with them. But no one sells eight hot dog buns. They only sell twelve hot dog buns. So I end up paying for four buns I don't need. So I am removing the superfluous buns. Father of the Bride

2. Thank yer, ladies and gentlemen; I want to get some eucalyptus candles--they make my apartment smell mossy. You've Got Mail

3. (singing) Harses, harses, harses, harses...; It was Miss Scarlet, in the closet, with a radio. Sleepless in Seattle

4. M-Maybe it's the power trying to come back on. Jurassic Park

5. Matchy green! Matchy, matchy green! Return to Me

6. Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

7. Help! Help! I'm being repressed! Did you see him repressing me? Monty Python and the Holy Grail

8. (1) I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed? (2)I think you can in Europe; (1) Where did you come from? Planet "Loser"? (2) As opposed to Planet "Look At Me, Look At Me"?; I'm thinking of getting a Tercel. Yeah, that's a Toyota; Black panties! 10 Things I Hate About You

9. Fresh creamery butter. Kate & Leopold

10. (1) I know Kung Fu. (2)Show me; I know what you're thinking--I should have taken the blue pill. The Matrix

11. I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability. As Good as it Gets

12. They're not gonna want to buy the whole friggin' ice cream truck when your handing out the popsicles for free!; Someone ate my entire pie! Never Been Kissed

13. (1) There's something the matter with this yogurt. (2) It's not yogurt, it's mayonnaise; I knew a girl at school called Pandora. Never did get to see her box, though; Can I get a glass of really really cold water? Unless of course it's illegal in the UK to serve water below room temperature. Notting Hill

14. Franch bread, Franch fries, Franch dressing, and to drink, Peru!; I know you don't like all the grease in fried bacon, so I boiled it. Better Off Dead

15. You're never gonna be Jell-O!;Hmm, death by mini-bar. How glamorous.; Maybe there won't be marriage, maybe there won't be sex, but by God there'll be dancing! My Best Friends Wedding

16. I'm sorry I o-ogled you. (2) I forgive you, but only because you stuttered. Stranger than Fiction

17. Nothing says romance like a kidnapped, injured woman! Stardust

18. I never told you, but you sound a little like Dr. Seuss when you're drunk. The Sixth Sense

19. Face it, girls, I'm older and I have more insurance. Fried Green Tomatoes

20. But I really want a painting!; Sold to you sir for $23,000 or $11,500 per buttock.; 1) You dog, you! 2) Yes, I am a bit of a dog. Mickey Blue Eyes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if you'd said Miss Scarlet in the closet with a radio, I'd have had that one. And the boiled bacon was a "dead" give-away too. Also, $11,500 per buttock is hard to forget. and I've only seen about 10 movies in my life. Mom

Sarah Stiles said...

Okay, first, you get points taken away if you don't give the whole quote in the first place!!

Still, I find it sadder for me because I have seen most of these, but didn't recognize the quote when I saw them. Fired Green Tomatoes was easily recognizable. I LOVE that movie. Except for the trains. I blame that movie for my mortal fear of trains.

Anonymous said...

I win! I was right, I have seen less than half the movies. Eight, to be exact. And four of those I've only seen once, so hardly surprising I missed those references. I think I'm turning into Mom-- I hardly watch movies at all anymore.