Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Easter Babies

As I froufed and poufed her in her white Easter dress, my heart thumped in my chest and I wished deep down inside that she would always stay this sweet, innocent 3 foot tall 3 year old. Every moment like this when "my heart takes a picture" I say to myself, "I'll never forget this moment and what she is like today. How can there ever be anything in life after this moment has passed? What could change that could possibly be better than this?"

I know that someday I will be froufing and poufing a white wedding dress on this same daughter. What will she look like? What will she have experienced in life? What will have happened in her life to lead up to that moment? How will I recognize that it is the same beautiful daughter? I will have one of those flashback moments in my mind and I will remember this image then. And I will take another picture and wonder how anything could ever be better.




Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sara said...

What a charming post! She is a lovely little girl :)

Petersen Palace said...

Ahhhh. Brings a tear to your eye :)

david and michal said...

four words: AH-DOOR-AH-BLLLL!!!!!! we ran across some old photos of leah when she was little (18 mos-ish), and we couldn't believe how much she'd grown! she is turning into quite the young lady:.)

Dani said...

That headband looks gorgeous on her, and I think it shows how much her eyes look like yours!! Soooo pretty! They are the perfect little easter babes.

Rebecca said...

absolutely gorgeous! What an adorable girl.