Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Fair amount of Fun

Hmmm. How to sum up the Utah State Fair? Good food, (chocolate covered strawberries--yum!), fun family activity, spent a lot of money(and tried to spend more but the ATM was broken--probably a good thing), and was really tired by the end of the day.



I wish we could have seen more animals (where were they all?) and gotten a face painting. And I really wanted my $5 foot long hot dog to have chili and cheese on it instead of just ketchup, and to throw darts at balloons to win a prize instead of handing over a five and getting a stuffed animal, but it was still a fun family activity. There were mostly businesses and vendor stands more than anything else.

We did get to see this tiger, who paced anxiously around the edge of his cage constantly.

Here are some highlights:

Leah is still too small for the Ferris Wheel, but she loved the Carousel.

We all took a turn jumping--Leah in a big inflatable box, and Chris and I on the bungee trampoline thing. He did it once before(I was pregnant at the time, so opted out), but this time he did even more tricks and double flips. It was so awesome--he made it look so fun and easy! Then I got up there and couldn't do a single flip--that takes ab muscles, and apparently I don't have them. Chris is afraid of heights, so he said that he just kept doing flips so he wouldn't have to look at the ground--I think he's crazy! That was so high up there that I was afraid of heights! Oh, and he'll never forgive me for getting still shots instead of a video of his impressive acrobatics. Sorry!

Leah got to ride on a dragon roller coaster and a "helicopter" ride. I think she really enjoyed all the excitement, but whenever it was the parents' turn to do something fun, she didn't like waiting.

Where was Samuel this whole time, you ask? Smiling happily in the stroller! What a trooper!

Here is a family picture at the end of the day. You can tell we'd missed nap time and it was time to go home. I think the exasperation on my face explains it all.


















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what great smiles! You guys really know how to have fun in the sun! Mom

Eliason 5 said...

You guys look like you had a lot of fun. We wanted to take our kids but didn't quite get to it so I'm a little bummed.

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you had fun!