Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kangaroo as Ariel and other disguises

What do Cruella DeVille, Little Einstein's June, Zorro, a monkey, and a mermaid-kangaroo have in common? Almost nothing.

I know its not the most attractive Ariel costume I've seen, but it really works for my three year old, who insisted that Ophie be Ariel for Halloween. It's amazing what you can accomplish with some construction paper and a whole lot of staples. (like the red hair and the purple bikini top???)
On the other hand, I have much more pride in Leah's Little Einstein's June costume, which she donned with perfection. Notice she even has pretend earrings!

Don't let this picture fool you into thinking that these two actually like each other and get along:
Zorro and Cruella were there, too. Can you tell we are recycling costumes here?
(Pardon the camera phone pictures--ran out of batteries!)





4 comments:

Joshua said...

There are many reasons why I'm not a fan of most things Halloween. However, at this very moment I can think of 2 things that bring me joy during this holiday season:
1. Candy–I love sugar, what can I say?
2. The passion and excellence upheld by none other than Fosdick family on how to properly dress for the occasion.

Thanks for the treat!

Elizabeth said...

I think you guys ALL look great. Wow! And if you don't mention recycling, I certainly wouldn't think to. Leah does look just like June. Amazing!

Mom said...

As the Cat in the Hat would say, "It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how." You guys certainly know how to have fun, and we feel happy just enjoying your wonderful smiles!

Rebecca said...

How creative to make the kangaroo into Ariel! Great costumes all!