Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Jenny's Ultimate Fruit Smoothie

I'm sitting here enjoying a tasty fruit smoothie as an afternoon snack. Over the course of the past 4 years I have honed and perfected my very own no sugar added fruit smoothie recipe, so now I've decided to share it with you.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 2

1. Crush 8 ice cubes in blender. (If you crush them at the end, you will have ice chunks)

2. Add 1/4 cup each of frozen concentrated fruit juices: grape, apple, orange, and 1/8 cup of pineapple. Add 1/2 cup water. Blend.

Tip: You can really pick your own fruit ratios however you please. Orange and pineapple carry the strongest flavor.

3. Add 1 frozen banana. Blend until smooth.

4. Add 8-10 frozen strawberries. Blend until smooth.

Tip: You can use fresh fruit, but the result is frostier if you use frozen.

5. You may have to stir the mixture a little (while the blender is off, please!) to get the frozen fruit to the bottom of the blender since it will now be thick.

Tip: If you need to add more water to get it to mix properly, make sure you blend it long enough to see a funnel going through from top to bottom. If you dont mix it well enough, you will have a layer of water on top of your smoothie.

6. Enjoy!

Tip: If you want to make a second batch, rinse out the blender so that the ice crushes properly in the first step.

This method has been tried and tested on my Osterizer 12 speed blender that we got for our wedding. (Incidentally, I only use one speed and I had to order a new glass jar after dropping it). Now that I have finished devouring my tasty smoothie, I'm cold!

No comments: