Saturday, January 05, 2008

Disappointment Only Maims

I am not in labor. I am still pregnant. How disappointing. It's like counting down to launch the space shuttle and getting to "blastoff" and then starting to count back up again. For the past 48 hours I've been watching the clock every time I have anything that resembles a contraction, and no...just a stomach ache. Sometimes a stomach ache is just a stomach ache.

I had my heart set on going into labor this weekend, meaning I had nothing planned for Saturday and wasn't planning on being at church Sunday. I know I can hang in there until Tuesday when I'm scheduled to be induced, but still...a little disappointing, no?

3 comments:

Dani said...

A week behind me and you'll get induced before me! You lucky girl! Wow. You must be dialated quite a bit. No fair. :) I am glad to hear you are well!

cutie pie said...

That would be so frustrating. I'm sorry that you still have to wait. I hope it goes smoothly on tuesday. I'll be thinking of you.

Stacie said...

Plan something really fun, important, and/or expensive, and he'll be sure to come!

P.S. I'm ready for him to come, too! I'm so excited for you.