Friday, January 25, 2008

Five Years and Counting

We've made it five years!

Here are the stats since our wedding day, January 25, 2003:

Number of homes we've lived in: 5
Number of states we've lived in: 2
Number of wards: 4
Number of cars we've owned: 4
Number of schools we've attended: 3
Number of degrees we've earned: 2
Number of callings: 11
Number of jobs (Chris): 8
Number of jobs (Jenny): 5
Number of children: 2
Number of ER visits: 3
Number of surgeries/hospitalizations: 6
Number of trips together: 9
Number of diapers changed: don't get me started

We plan on having a very boring and stable year until our next anniversary. We're not anticipating moving, changing jobs, having a baby, or obtaining any degrees, although hopefully we'll get to go on a few trips. How boring!

In the meantime, Chris treated me this morning by getting up with Leah so I could catch up on Z's. As of 10:30 this morning, all four of us are in pajamas. We do eventually intend to get dressed. We plan to further celebrate our 5th anniversary by doing errands, changing diapers, wiping Leah's runny nose every 3 minutes, and ordering Pizza Hut for dinner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you didn't count that car that someone gave you that died on the way home from their house. As I recall, we asked them to come drag it back to their house.

Erin said...

I know this is a little late...but congratulations on the new baby! He is adorable and by the way, I still can't get over Leah's hair. I love it. Everytime I look at your blog I think about what nice hair she has!

Jenny said...

Mom pointed out that in 5 years our family size has doubled. I don't anticipate that it will double again in 5 more years...I don't think I should have four babies between now and then!

ARE HOME FREE said...

Congrats! We hit our 5 year mark on Dec. 27. I think it sounds so much longer when I call it half a decade! *wink* So, do you think this makes us pros?